Saturday, January 19, 2013


This is the 3rd blog for the past 24 hours!!!
I'm in a blogging spreeee!!!

If you're wondering, no, I'm not overdosed with coffee.

But it has been days that an important piece of technology
called the PC is absent in my home.

And now that I've got my office laptop at home,
I have the luxury of fully utilizing it for my own pleasure and leisure.

And so.. blogging it is!

--------------------------------------------

Few months back I purchased Groupon vouchers for
dinner at Coffee Chemistry, First Subang Mall.

Groupon Deal:-

"[Up to 53% Off] 2-Course Western Meal: Grilled Salmon Steak,
Classic Roasted Lamb Shoulder, OR More + Dessert at Coffee Chemistry Signature, First Subang Mall for 1 (RM22) / 2 (RM40) / 4 (RM76) People."

Coffee Chemistry Signature at First Subang Mall

The purchase is with intention to create an
opportunity to have a nice dinner with my closest friends.

But I was way busy with coping with life till I forgotten about it.
Finally set the dinner on the very last day of redemption period.

Highest gratitude to friends who manage to leave work early and
squeeze some time out of their busy schedule just for me.


Coffee Chemistry cappuccino
Barry ordered a cappuccino which was okay, he said.
Nothing spectacular to my dismay.


Coffee Chemistry rose cappuccino
My eyes was affixed on the coffee section when I saw this.
Rose cappuccino?!!
I gotta try this!!!

Was eager to try but the excitement quickly turned into
disappointment coz it tasted like bandung.
Rose syrup flavor has covered any little possibly imagined
coffee taste in that cup of cappuccino.


Coffee Chemistry chocolate ice blended
Vince with his usual love for chocolate, ordered
ice-blended chocolate with ice cream.

He's not that picky, and he finished the drink.
Good, I guess?


Coffee Chemistry grilled salmon steak
This is my 180g grilled salmon steak served with mashed potato and vegetables.

My salmon was well prepared, but the lemon sauce that comes with
it tasted like an odd pairing.

With the salmon already fresh and nicely grilled, perhaps they need
a more subtle sauce to let the salmon "shine" instead of Mr. Lemon here
taking the credit all by itself with its tingling lemony flavor?


Coffee Chemistry classic roasted lamb shoulder
Vince's 130g classic roasted lamb shoulder served with mashed potato and vegetables.

The lamb is soft and the thick gravy is delicious!
No complaint on this... yum yummm...


Coffee Chemistry seafood pasta
Barry's seafood pasta consist of mussels, prawns, squids and fish.

Aside from the fresh seafood and creamy sauce,
one thing that I'd like to highlight here is that the heavy
usage of capsicum makes it the dominant taste in this pasta.
Lesser or maybe no capsicum at all would be better.


Coffee Chemistry fish & chips
Alicia's Coffee Chemistry Fish & Chips with side salad.

I did not try the fish fillet as I'm trying to avoid fried food for my sorethroat.
Alicia says it's nice. So I'll take her word for it.
Side salad on the other hand was entirely mine.
Finished it, nice light dressing.


affogato
Coffee Chemistry affogato
Our Affogato (Espresso topped with vanilla ice-cream)

Concentrated coffee with ice cream - superyummylicious!
I love the dessert and finished it, and with the rose cappuccino I had earlier,
those two kept me awake till 2am that very night!


brownies and ice cream
Coffee Chemistry brownies and ice cream
Brownies and ice-cream

Ain't that good.
Brownies ought to be soft and chocolaty.
Best when it's warm. (personal preference)
These brownies are kinda hard, and I didn't go yuhhmm nor licking my spoon after!


Then... It's photo taking time!!!!

joyce yap vince yeoh blog joycelifebits
Joyce Yap & Vince Yeoh (didn't look very appiee eh?)

barry yap soo hian joyce yap blog
Mr. Barry Yap & Ms. Joyce Yap (no, not siblings)

joyce yap barry yap alicia goh blog
Mr. Barry Yap & Mrs. Yap
(no, not husband and wife, Alicia is the wife of Mr. Isaac Yap!)

joyce yap shu ling blog joycelifebits
We counted the years of knowing each other, Alicia scored 12 while Barry's 8.

joyce yap shu ling blog joycelifebits

joyce yap blog joycelifebits

joyce yap blog joycelifebits
Photo with my future godson (still in mummy's tummy)... :)

joyce yap blog joycelifebits
Joyce Yap & Alicia Goh

Overall, this is a pretty good deal from Groupon.
The serving is just nice.
None of us were overloaded from the dinner.

yummylicious! ;)

 Oh no.. it's almost 3am!!!
I've got a facial appointment tomorrow, plus cake collection,
plus a wedding dinner and then rush to dad's 71st birthday dinner!!!

Plenty of things to do, so little time to get it done!!!

0 comments :