Monday, August 22, 2011


To look for my Fremantle ramen, I went to Ramen Ton Chan at Wisma Cosway for a try-out. You would not believe that there is a good Japanese restaurant in this building because it looked like it is kinda torn down, and only has those old shops in it.

We have difficulties finding this restaurant, and would have to walk thru some dark alley to find it. Upon entering the restaurant, there is this very Japanese feel because the customers is actually smoking inside. And only true Japanese would do that. Hahahaha!

But really... what is more Japanese than a ramen shop that has all sort of Japanese magazine in it, and all the customers are speaking some foreign language which I could not make any sense of? The waitresses can also speak a little bit Japanese due to their frequent Jap customers.

yummy ramen

yummy ramen



A very nice authentic Japan ambiance. And a photo of the Japanese guys who is polluting the air... :P



yummy ramen

yummy ramen

The appetizer is actually a macaroni with some olove oil (I guess because it does not have much taste in it). Vince ordered unagi with rice which is nice but uhm... nothing special about it?



yummy ramen

yummy ramen

The gyoza is nice, but a has a little bit more garlic taste which is not to my liking.

The ramen however... is marvelous!!! The soup is so flavorful and you can taste the pork broth that have been boiled for hours!!! To make my dinner more enjoyable, I would actually hope that they put more ingredients in the ramen, because it only have 2 slices of charsiu (pork) and a half 3/4 boiled egg. Nothing more, nothing less.

The pricing however would be a little bit more on the upper side if compared to Mai Ramen. My bowl of ramen is RM23++. And I forgotten about the rest... haha!

If I am anywhere near Pavilion KL, I will drop by at this place again.

Yummylicious!!! ;)


0 comments :