Tuesday, July 3, 2012

“I know you've heard it a thousand times before. But it's true - hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don't love something, then don't do it.” Ray Bradbury (born 1920)




Opportunity for me to earn more money came rolling in March when SP Setia announced another round of Ideas Campaign. I knew that certain reward will be given if an idea is being picked. But I didn't know the type of reward and how much would it be.

Looking into the Ideas Campaign, this time they asked for development concept in which specific details are required.


Difficult?? 


YOU BET IT IS!!! 



Although I have NO idea on property development, planning or technical background, I decided to give it a try and just main hantam saja! In other words, just trying luck! ...no harm in trying coz I have all the time in my life. 

In that one whole month of burning midnight oil, reactivating my creative brain cells that have been dead for so long, I have successfully produced 4 proposals and another proposal on 4-seasons initiated by Vince.

These 5 ideas are contributed by friends and family members who have given creative input ranges from exclusive bungalows at Bangsar to castle-like hotel in the outskirt of South Jakarta and even a high-end condo that has infinity sky pool, sky bar, outdoor mini golf at Indonesia.

In a total of 82 ideas submitted in that campaign, one of my proposal namely Setia Heritage has been picked!

Setia Heritage is a proposed peranakan township compromises of hotel, apartment, and shops that are designed based on baba nyonya architecture. Came from family of babas and nyonyas, I truly hope that this proposal will be executed one day, so that I will have a chance to visit and live in a peranakan township which my grandparents have bragged about. 


Setia Heritage was awarded as Good Idea and the reward is a monetary sum of RM1,000 plus a framed certificateAn effort which was initially pushed by thoughts of '$$$' suddenly turned into a satisfaction I've never imagined! 





Today when the CEO present me with the cert, I felt happy, proud and was shouting in my heart "I DID IT!!!"

Regardless if the achievement is big or small, I am happy that I've grab the opportunity, put in all the effort, and with luck, I managed to taste the fruit it bears. This time particularly, the luck came from knowing good friends and having helpful family members that are constantly giving input in the ideas I've generated.

It kind of reminds me of my winning in Red FM Facebook contest. I do believe that every effort we put in do counts, and it is always 90% effort, 10% luck.

Some quotes to ponder upon..

“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”


“Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”


“You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however.”


“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.


“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”


“Hard work doesn't guarantee success, but improves its chances.”


More inspirational quotes available at 
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/hard_work.html
and
http://www.values.com/inspirational-quotes/value/24-Hard-Work



0 comments :