Thursday, November 22, 2012

8th November 2012

I was introduced to this fabulous place by Sunny boy who brought me
there for a yummylicious Italian cuisine.

It was unfortunately a weekday when we went there.

Otherwise we would be able to see live jazz performance
which is available on every Friday and Saturday night (starting at 10pm).

We do however enjoyed ourselves with our dinner selection of starter,
main course, plenty of dessert and wine!

Look out for their specials written on their blackboard,
some may not appear in the menu, but trust me, it's worth trying!

We've gotten ourselves very good host who is
helpful with us deciding on our dinner,
and with very good recommendations.

The waiters are also very observant and attentive into our unspoken needs.

The food is fabulous.

I'm overall, very much satisfied!!! :)
 
The romantic setting


Sunny boy had red wine to go with his mutton pasta
while I took white to compliment my main course of cod fish.
 
Enjoying my De Martino Suvigon Blanc (RM 26 p/glass)


As both of us are seafood lovers, the host recommended us the
starter special which is a seafood salad.
There are fresh mussels, prawns and squids on top of a layer of healthy vegetables.

Sunny boy specifically enjoy the bread with olive oil + vinegar.
Something like Italiannies.
 
seafood salad
Seafood salad of prawns, mussels, squids served with breads and olive oil + vinegar (RM 38)


On the blackboard menu, another tempting dish is
their pasta special, which is a fettuccine in mutton gravy sauce with
minced mutton, topped with Parmesan cheese.
This is my first encounter of mutton pasta, it is lip-smacking! *muahhh!!!*
 
mutton spaghetti
pasta with minced mutton topped with Parmesan cheese (RM 40)


As I was eyeing their selection of risotto (my fav!!!), I was
reminded that I need to save some space for desserts - lots of them.
So I ordered my second fav dish - fish!
I had filetto di merluzzo, it's a seared cod fish with a
side of asparagus, sauté mushrooms and saffron sauce.

The cod fish is fresh, and the saute wild mushroom taste sooo good!
 
seared cod fish
filetto di merluzzo - seared cod fish with a side of asparagus, sauté mushrooms and saffron sauce (RM 54)


The best part of the dinner is here!
Sunny boy insist on having two desserts, I chose
my favourite chocolate lava cake, and he had panna cotta.

The lava cake is good, but not as good as the one at dip n' dip.
Panna cotta is too "jelly-ish" and the taste is too bland for me.
Don't really enjoy it..

chocolate lava cake
Lava cake in a crispy basket served with ice cream and strawberry (RM 20)

panna cotta
Panna cotta with strawberry and gooseberry (RM 16) 
  
Verdict :-

Food - 4.5 / 5 (0.5 was taken off due to panna cotta that wasn't up to my liking)
Ambiance - 4 / 5 (cozy and romantic, even better with live band)
Service - 5 / 5 (superb service rendered by host and waiters)
Price - 3 / 5 (Our bill come to a total of RM 296 including 2 glasses of wine and
aqua panna + service charge + govt tax)

I am already planning for my next trip to NeroFico
on Friday / Saturday to enjoy the live band.

It is located at the Ground Floor of Wisma Perintis ,
47 Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur.

It is opened from 8am - 11pm daily (closed on Sunday)

Tel : 03-2089 5312 - reservation needed especially on Friday & Saturday

Website : www.nerofico.com


Thank you Sunny boy for the yummylicious dinner!!! ;)



0 comments :